Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 7: the Curmugeon before he was a Curmugeon

This week almost didn't get finished.  I was still working on it about 20 minutes ago, when finally I put my foot down and said it has to be done...and so shall it be.  

This is a drawing of a photograph taken of my grandpa Jack who these days doesn't remember much.  He is suffering from dementia and lives in a home that I must say I'm too afraid to visit.  I have been there maybe 3 or 4 times.  The last time Dave and I woke him from a nap to bring him some tea and butter tarts, but he looked dead laying there on a sofa and it freaked me out, so I haven't been back since.  I teared up a couple of times while doing this drawing.  I miss him.  I need an invite to his house in Florida or giant hug with the back pats that would almost paralyze a weaker girl... If I showed him this drawing I wonder what he would say?  "Who's that handsome devil", maybe...




Among one of many excuses I have for being so late finishing this week is that I took tumble while taking our dog for a walk.  Unfortunately he didn' get much exercise that night because as soon as I stepped off the stairs I stepped on to a giant sheet of ice and landed full weight on my hip.  I went to the Doctor the very next day and he said to stay off work for a week.  Now I am wondering how long I'll be in pain for and how much this should cost my slum lord...any ideas?



Until Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment