Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 20: Jeff's Dad

This week I painted a portrait with acrylic on a wood panel.  The portrait was for an old friend and his new wife as a wedding gift.  Jeff was a great friend of mine in my early twenties.  He was always wicked fun, but over the years lost touch...
Every once in a while he comes back to Hamilton from Germany or Spain or Illinois and I LOVE so much to visit with him and now to have a new friend in his beautiful wife.





It was fun to paint this, because Jeff and Sylvia visited on Saturday so I had to be finished the portrait by Friday.  So this Sunday I haven't painted anything!!  Usually I am feverishly trying to get stuff done because I procrastinated all week.
So today Dave and I took Julian out to try and teach him how to ride a two wheeled bycle.  He doesn't quite have the hang of it yet, but he did mange to get a few sidewalk squares on his own 3 or 4 times.  He was very proud and so are we!




Hope you're having a GREAT long weekend.  Sorry for the crappy quality of photos...even with all my spring cleaning I still can't find my camera charger.

Until next week...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment