Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 32: Crafting & Dr. Lakra

This week I was doing a TON of crating for some upcoming shows and didn't have time to paint.  I did create some new birch bark necklace designs but wasn't able to finish them.  I am really looking forward to sharing them soon though... I think they'll be delicate and feminine and a great look for the fall.
I took some photos while at the James Street North Art Crawl and the Augusta Block Party.  Both days were great fun and it was nice to see familiar faces.








Please note my friend Julie's new crafting venture into card making!  Aren't her cards wonderful pieces of art!  I think she has a bright crafting future ahead!  Also please to be noticing my new business cards which I lovingly created!  Yahoo for me...oh and the bajillion pairs of earrings I made this week...My finger tips are killing me and there was even blood shed!

On Saturday I saw a good friend who had a great gift that inspired my last ditch effort at art for this week...old photographs!  Love them Michelle!! When I saw the pics they reminded me of this artist who draws over old print ads.  His work is AMAZING...and inspirational! His name is Dr. Lakra, please check him out! 


 Anyway, ever since I saw his work I have thought of painting over all the old photographs that I've collected, but never got around to it...this week was my first attempt at it.  I used sharpies though...I don't think I'll do that again.  Next time acrylic paint for sure.  I had fun with it...I think it's worth trying again.




Until next week...


No comments:

Post a Comment