Monday, October 10, 2011

Week 39: Late, But Not Forgotten

Today isn't Sunday, but better late than never right?

With Thanksgiving and family visits this weekend my painting fell behind. Yesterday I had 4 of my quilt squares finished, but if I want to finish this thing in time I have to stick to the schedual I set for my self.  Which is basically no less than 5 squares a week and sometimes as many as 7.

Another thing that is daunting is that my hands have always been very shaky and so painting small and intricate canvases are making me a bit crazy.  I watched this documentary once about an artist that was obsessed with making her lines perfect.  Every week I do these I think of her and wonder how insane my little painting would make her.

I've completed the first set of colours, (orange), and I'm going to work through every set until they are done.  So in the next week expect to see a lot of brown, green and blue...

These are the 6 I finished this week...


And this a sneak-peek at the first completed square...


I spent Sunday afternoon walking off  all the turkey and stuff I ingested at the Aberfoyle Antique Market.  I love love LURV this place!  I didn't find anything I had to have that was also the right price, but I did get a ton of pretty cool photos...











Really loved these leather broaches...might try and make some


  
I really love Blue Mountain Pottery.  This cat is one of the last 2 pieces I've been looking for.  It reminds me sooooo much of my fat cat Chairman Meow.  But for $55???  I don't think so!
The hunt continues...




 My boys!!


Muppet Babies!!
 

 Julian being an grumpy old man with a cane,



he actually shook the cane at me!
He is too funny! 





Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment