Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 9 : In Search of Beauty

This week I ruined my art project.  I was attempting to do a print from lino block, something I LOVED doing in school, but for some reason it sucked so utterly and completely!  I was so panicked that at only week 9 I would be failing at my 52 week project.  I was trying to come up with a new idea and couldn't.  Should I just start next weeks project, (nope not enough time), should I just do something simple like a line drawing, (nope that's kinda cheating).  The days passed me by and still I had nothing!

On Friday, while at work, I came up with a BRrrrrilliant idea, if I do say so myself!  Pat pat...that's me patting myself on the back.
My idea was to go and try and find something beautiful in the ugliest place that I know... Barton Street in Hamilton.  So this Saturday in the pouring rain, (which added to the doom and gloominess of aforementioned street), I took my trusty camera, my walking boots, a can of mace and went on a hunt for some diamonds amongst all the muck.  

I am by no means a photographer and I don't know the first thing about taking pictures, but c'mon people I was stuck and I tried my best...so cut me some slack!








I was yelled at by a little old lady for taking this, when I asked her if I could take her picture she said very bluntly "NO" and slammed her door.
By this time on my walk I had reached Ottawa Street and found this store called Antique Avenue.  Inside I found SOooooo many beautiful things!











The last two pictures are my favourite from my entire day.  I absolutely love this store!  I came out with some awesome finds and one of the owners let me take tons of pictures and is super nice!  You should check it out!
Until next week...

2 comments:

  1. You actually make Barton Street look pretty nice. Your pictures are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with Barton St. Lots of cool little places, but you have to look really hard.
    Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete