Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 29: Procrastination Leads to Photography

This week I was feeling a little cocky.  My last painting took me no time at all and I was very impressed with myself.  When I started my painting on Saturday, only got the background done.  This morning I still had the self assurance to believe I could finish everything today...

Well I was wrong!

At about 4pm I began to panic...there was no way I could finish by tonight.  While whining to my girlfriend about how bad I procrastinate and begging her to come up with an alternative for me she suggested that I come and take some photos of her.  What a LIFE SAVER!!

                   Here is what we came up with...

The photo above is my favourite












I played a lot with the filters on a free soft ware called GIMP
It's like Photoshop only it's FREE!!  Which is great for a cheap gal like me.

I'd like to say that I've learned my lesson.  That I'll never leave my painting until the last minute ever again, but c'mon!  It's me we're talking about here!
hehe

Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment