Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week 43: Quilting + Atilla

This week I finished 6 more panels for my large quilt piece.  I've completed the 3rd set and am beginning the 4th...green.  I'm so stoked to move away from everything orange and brown and get started on the cool patterns that I've picked for the green and blue sets.


Here are the first 3 sets...




I love laying all the small canvases on my floor and seeing how great they all fit together.  I can't wait to see it done!  I also can't believe that I only have 9 weeks left...YIKES! 




Today I went with 2 of my gal pals to see the Atilla Richard Lukacs exhibit at the AGH.  If you aren't familiar with his paintings you should!!  He is amazing, and from Canada and super nice, (I know 'cause once I had the pleasure of meeting him).   He's a video of him at the opening... http://newscliptv.com/videos/lukacs.html.  I was so sad to discover that he was signing books there that night... 

Anyway...

I tried to sneak a photo, but this is the best I could do with all the greasy security gaurds lurking about.  I had to keep my camera hidden in my purse! hahaha!!

  
I'm going to take Luther to see them and I'll bring my small camera to get a better shot!  I have to say that I am so very envious of this Salah gentleman, who has the extreme pleasure of owning all of these amazing works of art.

Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment