Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week Four : Don't Lose Faith

This week I did 3 small 6x6 inch canvases.  I really didn't think that they would be that challenging, but I was so frustrated! I think that there was more detail in some than in others and I spent too much of my week on the one that did.  Though I'm pretty happy happy with the end result!  
 
The images were inspired by vintage textiles and I used acrylic paint and oil pastels.  I know they might seem simple or not ambitious enough, but these small canvas are the beginning of a much larger project, so don't lose the faith...
(If anyone thinks they can guess what I'm going to do with these, email me and you'll get a special prize...here's a hint: it's better than a hug!)

so anyway...here they are





Also pretty cool was when a friend of mine brought me these 4 slabs of slate to paint on...I haven't figured out what to do with them yet, but right now I'm kinda thinkin' a rock garden, but I dunno...


Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment