Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week Two: Happy Birthday John

Today I smashed my year old laptop!  I'm pretty much the clumsiest person on the planet!  I tripped over the cord and sent it plummeting to the ground.  Now the screen is all messed up, but Dave hooked me up to the flat screen TV we have in our room and it's working as a kinda monitor until I save up for a new one...I'm super sad though.

Other than that I had a great week!  Today while shopping for a new panel for next week, I treated myself to a small box of those really expensive oil pastels.  I payed $9 for a box of 6 iridescent pastels and they really are everything I imagined them to be!  Soft, smooth, rich in pigment and the just glide right over the paper.  I want the big box sooo bad and the price has fallen to a mere $124.99 for a box of 72.  I ask what starving artist can't afford that?! 



 This week I tried to do something for my brother's 38th birthday.  He made a movie awhile ago and this is an image from a poster for that film...
I haven't showed it to him yet and I'm not sure he checks this thing, so I feel okay putting it up even though I'm not completely happy with it and will more than likely still be working on it until I see him next.


Like I said, I'm not satisfied...I may have taken to many liberties with this one, but I broke my laptop today so go easy on me!

Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment