Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week One

I've finished week one of my 52 Weeks of Art!  

I was worried I wouldn't have enough time, but as the days passed I realized a week is just right.  I'm having so much fun looking for inspiration, flipping through old magazines, books and flickr pages.  I've found a few pictures from friends on facebook that I'm going to attempt, but I'm always up for suggestions!  If you have something just email me.

This week I did an oil pastel on wood panel of my son Julian.  When I showed my 16 year old son Luther this morning he told me that it didn't look "finished".  I got a little panicked, because although I am pretty happy with how it turned out, I thought maybe Julian looked too pink...or something.  A couple of times I scrapped off and started again...

I love using oil pastels and today when I went to Curry's to get my new panel I saw a box of the most 
B E A U T I F U L oil pastels ever.  I want them so bad, but sadly they are $150...  Well a lady can dream cant she?

Anyway here's week one!  Hope you like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment